Saturday, November 21, 2009

Cold Medicine?


I have a cold.  It is something that is going around at work.  I knew that I would get it because all he germs at the call center seem to get to me since I have been home sheltered from such germs for so long.  This particular cold is the kind where my head feels like it is going to explode.  Last night it felt even worse while I was at work because I had a headache from my lack of sleep from yesterday.  I didn't have any cold medicine, but I usually carry some Advil in my backpack to work for the days when I get these headaches.  I reached in my backpack to find there was nothing in that pill bottle.  There was, however, one more pill bottle in there.  It had been in there since I started work basically.  I had some Pamprin.  Yes, I know what it is supposed to be used for, but since I couldn't ask around to see if anyone else had something I could take because we were all on the phone (I know...strange in a call center).  Desperate, I took two of the pink pills from my bag.  The amazing thing was, IT WORKED!  Who knew that a medicine meant to calm those female problems would work so well for a congested head?

5 comments:

Mistaken said...

You should empty the bottle and put the pills in a new bottle and market it as a decongestant. You could make some real money...

Tera said...

How funny! I'll have to try that next time. I cant take cold medicine when I'm nursing, maybe I can take pamprin!

Cara said...

Oh Rosa, that's funny! Glad you found some relief.

taradon said...

Wow, who knew? :D

Hope your cold is done with soon!

Lady Carolyn said...

LOL That's great! I'm assuming the anti-inflamitory/pain killer stopped the swelling of your sinuses and dulled the pain.

I'll have to try that next time i get sick. :)