Thursday, November 5, 2009

Dr. Visit


Yesterday, I went to the doctor's office for an over due visit. (Yeah! I have insurance again!) I was given some not so great news and some good,but expected, news.

First off the good news. I am not pregnant despite not having a period since July. It turns out the cross-your-fingers method does work in some cases. (Don't worry. I will be getting a more reliable method today.)

Now for the not so good news. OK. Two pieces of not so good news. What is the first thing that they do when at a doctor appointment? Take your weight. Well, I found out that I have gained 20 pounds since John and I were separated. I knew I had gained. I haven't been taking my meds because of not having insurance, and I haven't been exercising much or eating very well since I started working. I know these are my fault, and only I can change them. I will be getting back on my meds today. I am also thinking about trying to start some kind of friendly contest. I haven't decided if it should just be something between John and me, or if I should do it with a friend or two. This is the heaviest I have been not pregnant, and I don't want to see the numbers higher!

The other piece of news that I got is that I may have PCOS along with my thyroid problem. I guess for me this isn't quite as bad as it would be for those of you who are trying to have a baby because I am done having babies. I just don't like that my stupid genetics have possibly caused me to have yet one more problem.

3 comments:

Tera said...

I have two sisters with PCOS. You are right, at least you are done having babies! Don't get too down on your weight gain; you have had a lot on your plate right now and you have had to put other things on your list. You are doing the best you can, keep your chin up.

Jami said...

My sister has PCOS and has gotten pregnant twice with the "I can't get pregnant" mentality... just so you know. And, if you decide to do your contest with friends, can I be one of them? :) I've been exercising lately and think it would be fun to have someone to compare notes to and share tips with and just be a motivator to... and have a motivator myself! ;)

Druciana said...

Don't worry, I got birth control. No more just hoping I don't get pregnant.
Jami,
I will be trying to figure out what I want to do as far as the exercising thing goes in the next few days. I'll make a new post when I decide.