Thursday, February 11, 2010

Ponytail Evolution

When Noel was born, she didn't really have enough hair to put a ponytail in, but I did put a little bow in the front for her blessing (it is a bit hard to see, I know).
When she was 7 months old, she finally had enough hair for me to put a bit of a ponytail with that bow.  She rarely went anywhere without one, and she left it alone.
I was so excited when she had enough hair for two ponytails about a year later!
By the time she was two, she had started to take them out.  On some rare occations I would acctually get a picutre with some kind of ponytail in there.
By her fourth birthday, she mostly would just put a comb through her hair and leave it at that.  I would get her hair put up in some way for church, but it wouldn't last through primary.  Sometimes she would get into the hair stuff and put baretts in, but not much more than that.
She has now decided that she will now do her own ponytails (yes, this is how it was done on Sunday too).

3 comments:

Tera said...

I remember when we moved into the ward being so envious of how much hair Noel had. She has beautiful hair!

Mistaken said...

Well, she's independent for sure. She's so cute. Funny how she comes to me to do her hair and tells me you won't do it for her.

Jami said...

Holy cow, she is gorgeous! What a pretty girl! And she's starting to look so grown up! (Definitely out of the toddler stage, that's for sure.)