Saturday, February 27, 2010

Quitting Soda

When going through my diet changes since I started working, it became obvious that my main problem is the amount of soda I drink at work.  At first it was just to stay awake, but now it is more out of habit.  My doctor suggested that may be the main change that I need to make.  I agreed that was probably a good idea.  Yesterday, I drank the last Pespsi in the house.  That means that today is my first soda free day.  We'll see how it goes.  I do have "Stay Awake" pills in my work backback if I find myself getting tired at work.  Hopefully the call volume, Gatorade, and water keep me going while at work.  Who knows, maybe I will wind down after work a bit better if I can stay away from the soda and caffine pills.

3 comments:

Lady Carolyn said...

Fantastic! the first time I cut out Pop, I lost 15 lbs in just a few weeks. This last time I lost 10 right off the bat, and Richard went down 5 pants sizes when he cut out pop and lowered his sodium and cholesterol.

Druciana said...

I am hoping to get simular results. I have gained about 20 pounds since I started working. It is a bit of a blow after all the work I put into losing weight last spring.

Jami said...

You can do it! My mom quit drinking pop and lost 20 lbs., too. Good luck!