Sunday, July 22, 2012

We Thought It Was Funny

Chad and I went on our honeymoon this weekend thanks to his parents who gave us a night in Estes Park. We had a blast! One thing that we do quite often is joke around and make fun of each other. Since I have been married before and no matter where we go, people seem to like to point it out, and of all nights to choose to try to start a fight my ex chose that night, our jokes this weekend kind of had a "my next spouse" theme. He would say, "My next wife will be nice to me." I would say, "My fifth husband (yes that is 3 more in the future) will be what I am really looking for." It would soften the mood when we got lost looking for specific places like...how to get out of the parking lot at the Stanley Hotel or the restaurant back in the mountains further than we thought it was. On our way home, we stopped by Chad's parent's house to thank them for the enjoyable and beautiful trip. He tells them about his "my next wife" joke. They thought it was funny. After all, as they pointed out, it took him 38 years to get married the first time. We then, laughingly, told them about my "fifth husband" joke. Chad and I laughed and pointed out that since I was able to find my second husband less than a year after my divorce, it was possible. They looked at me like I was an alien. It was like they were thinking that it really wasn't a funny joke coming from me. Trust me, it is a hilarious joke! On the way home, I laughed about their reaction, and he didn't seem to get why I was laughing. This morning, Chad was laughing about it (I don't think that he realized their reaction until he had gotten some sleep). I love my husband!

3 comments:

Mistaken said...

That is VERY funny!!! Its so good to hear that the two of you love and care about eachother but also can laugh together. That is soo important

MJ said...

I think it is hilarious. Michael and I do the same thing, and we enjoy our "inappropriate-ness" immensely. :)

Mrs T said...

LOL! You guys crack me up.