Tuesday, November 8, 2022

Am I Nerdy Enough?


 Last night as I was reading and underlining, my husband stated to laugh at me and called me a nerd. He said could tell I was a student and that I always would be. The funny thing is that since most of what I have been reading lately is in PDF form, I rarely highlight, underline, or note pages as I read for school. As I thought back on my reading life, I realized that I have been marking books for a long time. 

When I was in 5th or 6th grade, my favorite book was Just as Long as We're Together by Judy Blume. I read it so many times that it was starting to fall apart. At some point as I was reading, I underlined the parts that I loved the most. That's right. I am THAT girl. 

Do I love reading all of the time? Not really. I do love learning, though. I no longer underline or note fiction, but I will probably always do it in nonfiction, paper copy books. 

No comments: