Thursday, November 10, 2022

Made Me Sick

I watch Dr. Phil a couple of days a week. This season, he has had open conversations about controversial subjects most of the time with two or three people on each side of the topic represented on stage. (It kind of feels like Geraldo did in the early 1990s.) Today was not one of those episodes. 

As the show started today, they introduced the topic. They were two families and one child from the Uvalde shooting. (I will not go into detail about which child they were interviewing because that was the part that made me the most angry.) As they showed clips from the upcoming episode, I literally felt sick to my stomach and changed the channel right away. 

This was not the first time they have had survivors and families of victims on this show. It angers me that they would exploit this tragedy for ratings. I would think that a trained mental health professional would have more sense than to have a child who went through the most horrific event of their life relive it in front of the world. 

No comments: