Saturday, June 17, 2023

Bad Week

Other than a few things like the concert and my weekly walk with my friend, this has been a tough week. First of all, Noel was sick for about 3 days with Tuesday being the worst. I was able to take care of her most of the day, but I also had to work and didn’t change my concert plans because I knew the main this she needed was sleep. Her fever spiked Wednesday night, so I took her to the doctor Thursday morning. They did COVID, flu, and strep tests which all came back negative. We were told it was probably “some kind of virus.” She was feeling better, for the most part, that afternoon. Wednesday, I had food poisoning and spent a good part of the day in bed. I hate taking sick time from work, and I hate being sick even more. Thursday ended up being crazy busy because I had my regular Thursday plans (my walk and a class Zoom) plus I had to make up the time I missed when I took Noel to the doctor. Yesterday, Noel had a friend over with the promise they would leave by 3:00 so we could go do laundry. They left a few minutes late which threw me off a bit. Then, I forgot my coin bag at home and didn’t realize it until we got there. I drove to the bank, but I didn’t have my debit card and, apparently, ATMs don’t take mobile pay though the tap to pay function. We were on a tight schedule, so we had to just go back home. Now, I have to go today which makes my day of homework more difficult. Honestly, I can’t wait until this week is over. 

No comments: