Saturday, June 17, 2023

Laundry Day - Take 2

Since I have a major fail when it came to doing laundry yesterday, I had to do it today. Chad had the day off, so I had a different helper that usual. We loaded up the car with the family laundry and set off to the laundromat to find that there was a car show on the street of the one we usually go to. With a week and a half of laundry, we were not going to park a block away and carry it. Chad searched laundromats in a neighboring town, and we drove the 15 minutes to get there. 

The place we found was not ideal, but it was also not the worst one we have been to. It was very clean and spacious with plenty of folding tables, other tables, and places to sit. The lady working there was so kind and helpful, too. The only issue we had was there were a number of machines that were out of order, and the large capacity machines were all being used. We filled five machines and still had quite a bit more to do. About 10 minutes into the loads we had started the lady that worked there plus two more people searched me out to let me know one of the big machines was available. One of them even made sure it stayed available for me. I have never been treated so kindly at a laundromat. Usually, people are respectful, but never that helpful. If it were closer to my house, I would go there more often for that reason alone. (They were just as helpful to another lady that w came in with a lot as well.) 

I have been in such a crabby mood for the last few days (especially yesterday) and praying for help with my overwhelm all week. Today, I was given an answer to my prayers through those kind strangers at the laundromat 20 minutes from my home. I am so thankful for these small miracles in my life. It made me feel loved. 

No comments: