Saturday, June 10, 2023

Kayaking

In 2020, Chad bought a paddle board for the family to share because Noel came back from the kids' camping trip with their grandparents excited to go paddle boarding again like she had with them. She made it sound so fun that he ordered one from whatever website he could get it from the fastest (it was hard to find outdoor recreation products during the pandemic). I tried it, but I needed some kind of back support to sit on in for a long period of time since I had little desire to stand on it. The next summer, I was given an inflatable kayak for my birthday and have used it periodically for the past few years. 

Now, when Chad wants me to go paddle boarding with him, he takes his paddle board, and I take my kayak. Today, we went to Boyd Lake in Loveland. We inflated the paddle board and kayak and headed out into the water. We were able to get a good 40 minutes in before the wind picked up and we had to head back to shore. The wind made the waves bigger which was a bit fun, but it also carried us the wrong direction a bit. It is hard to paddle against the wind. At one point, a gust hit my boat, and I almost capsized. Thankfully, I was able to lean into the wind and counteract the force that threatened to push me over. I had fun, for the most part. Hopefully, there will be a lower chance of wind and rain next time we go out. 

No comments: