Wednesday, June 14, 2023

The Morning After

I knew today was going to be hard because concerts get out past our bedtime. I didn’t know I was going to wake up with food poisoning. I ended up having to clock out of work after about two hours because I was throwing up so much. (I don’t drink, so it wasn’t a hangover.)

After the amazing show last night, Chic-fil-a had tents set up to sell sandwiches once we had climbed the stairs out. I had been slightly hungry and very thirsty, and Chic-fil-a is so good. Chad bought us each sandwiches and sodas that we had when we got back to the car. The sandwiches were premade and prepackaged and kept in warming containers. It wasn’t unlike some of the food we have had at running events. This was the only unusual food we had. Chad had no adverse reaction. I, on the other had, was sick all morning. I couldn’t keep anything down until about 3:00 other than the ginger ale Chad got me. 

The good news is that I have an understanding boss and plenty of sick time since I haven’t used it in over 3 years. (I either take vacation time or make appointments after work when needed.) I’m thankful my husband took the day off knowing he would be too tired for work. I’m thankful he was willing to get things done and run errors for me while I was sick. I’m thankful that I have the privilege of working from home so that I wasn’t trying to drive this morning. It was not a fun morning, but it did help me see some of the blessings I have that I take for granted. 

No comments: