Thursday, February 22, 2024

My Cousin’s Wife

I am not close to my mom’s side of the family, but I keep up with some of my cousins on Facebook. This last Saturday, I hopped on Facebook, and the first thing that I saw was my cousin’s wife was missing. He had made a missing poster and asked for help. She had apparently left for work that morning and had not been seen since she left work early and made some kind of purchase at a local mall. Her phone had been turned off, and they had reason to be greatly concerned when she didn’t come home that evening. Being in a different state, the best I could do to help was share his post and ask my Utah friends and family to help. 

My cousin did everything he could to find his wife. He reported her missing, kept track of the places searched, followed up on the leads he could, and more all while taking care of their daughter. To me, this is super hero status. 

Unfortunately, it turned out that his worst fears had come true. After 6 days of searching, she was found in a parking lot only half a mile from her job. She had succumbed to her demons. Now, her family has to plan her funeral. 

I would never judge her for making this decision. I can’t. I have never been in the position where I felt leaving this life was the only answer. I feel sad for her feeling this was the only option. I feel sad for my cousin having to deal with this grief. I feel sad for her kids knowing how hard it is to live without a mother. I pray my cousin can feel a sense of closure and comfort during this time of immense grief and pain. 

He has a Go Fund Me to help pay the unexpected bills. Please, help him if you can. https://gofund.me/7fbdecd6

No comments: