Monday, March 16, 2009

My Stragest Fear


I was tagged by Tara because I read her blog. This one seemed like it would be a lot of fun.
Neither I or John could think of a strange fear that I have now as an adult. My main fear is being abandoned, but a lot of people have that fear, so I am going to go with a strange and unique fear I had as a child.

When I was 5 or 6 years old I had a horrible nightmare that changed my sleeping habits for many years after. In my dream a man would come into people's houses at night and cut off the feet of the children that didn't wear socks to bed. Even now I can vividly see the image that plagued my young mind of the neighbors down the street throwing away the feet of my friend because they had been cut off in the middle of the night (image from my dream of course). It was many years before I would go to bed without socks on because I was afraid the "foot-cutter-offer" would come into my house and cut off my feet. At one time I even tried to talk my mom into letting me sleep with gloves and a hat on for fear they would be cut off too. She wouldn't go for that. I don't remember what she told me, but I am sure she thought I was crazy.

OK, if you read this you are tagged.

1 comment:

taradon said...

Tee-hee! That's a fun one! I've always hated letting my feet hang off the edge of the bed, but the foot-cutter-offers is a new one for me!