Thursday, July 23, 2009

Dear George

I thank you for buying the tile that I posted on craigslist. I thank you for not only paying my asking price, but doubling it. I am, however, irritated at the way this transaction has been conducted. On Saturday, you said that you would be sending me a check overnight. I expected the check to be in my hand Tuesday at the latest. When you sent me an email stating that your secretary had sent me the wrong check by mistake, and you would like for me to transfer the difference of the funds to your mover, I was understanding. I understand that you are nervous about sending me so much more money than we agreed, but you really need to stop sending me you emails with the subject in all caps. I don't like being yelled at in person or virtually. I have been conducting myself in a professional manner, and I expect the same out of you. I sent you an email stating that my bank would not give me the cash I needed to take to Walmart to do the Moneygram transfer until tomorrow to make sure that the check cleared. Why did you send me an email back telling me to send you the info from the Moneygram receipt today? That would take some kind of miracle. Really, Dude, calm down! I am not the one that made the mistake. maybe you should have a serious talk with the secretary that sent me the amount she was supposed to send the mover. I am an honest person (at least when it comes to stuff like this). I want to get rid of the tile as much as you want to get the tile (maybe even more so).

Thank you,
Rosa

***I feel so much better now!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rosa, this is a scam. Same thing happened to me a few years ago when I was selling a couch. The person had the same story and wanted me to wire money to his "mover." If I would have, the check he sent me would have bounced and I would have been out of a lot of money while he gloated in my earnings. I didn't know this at the time, but on Craigslist, only cash is supposed to be accepted. When somebody asks you to wire money, it's a scam. I don't want to see this happen to you because you are smart and nice. I wouldn't want it to happen to anybody. Sorry, I know this is probably none of my business, but I logged on to catch up on you and couldn't hold back because I have experienced it.

Your friend,

Malissa

Druciana said...

Malissa,
Thank you for your concern. I WON'T do anything until the check has cleared the bank. I didn't even think that this could be a scam. Wow! I guess I will be reposting the add then.

JennyJenJen said...

Rosa - Totally sounds like a scam - I get calls at my job all the time - they will pick up food but give us a check for 1000 more - we need to give the CASH back to the person picking it up. Be careful :)

Jami said...

I second Malissa's comment... in fact, the scam flag went right up as I started reading this and I totally thought you were posting this as a joke thinking you KNEW this was a scam until I saw that you were serious. Matt read an article about craigslist scams and your situation totally fits the bill. Good luck!

taradon said...

Yep, definitely a scam. Glad you were smart enough not to fall for it and send the money!!