Monday, July 20, 2009

My First Week


My first week of school is done! I can't believe it. I love it so far. I feel like I am actually doing something useful for my family now. I know that in a few years I will be able to work in the medical billing and coding profession and really make a difference in the quality of life for me and my family. That gives me even more drive to do my work.


I am taking two classes this term, Medical Terminology and Strategies for Success. So far, Medical Terminology is a bit hard, but still fun. Strategies for Success seems to be about goal making and prioritizing. I admit that I do need to do this more in my life. At first, I thought this was a horrible class to require student to take, but now, after starting week two, I am thinking that it is great. If I don't get an A in this class, I will scream though.


I am happy to report that so far I have 100% in each class. That actually surprised me. One of my answers on a paper was seriously, "I can't find this anywhere." The teacher still gave me a 20/20 on that paper. I would have to think that either she hadn't posted the information that was needed for that question yet, or she was just being nice since it was the first assignment. Either way, I will be trying harder to make sure I have read everything available for my assignments from now on. I didn't like the worrying about the assignment from Monday (the day I turned the paper in) until Sunday (the day the grade was posted).

5 comments:

Mistaken said...

Yay! I'm so excited for you. I always loved going to school. Yay for you!!!!

Unknown said...

You're awesome Rosa :-) I know you're going to do so well!

Krista said...

Congrats on making it through your first week of school! I'm so proud of you and excited for you! I love school!

taradon said...

You're off to a great start! And a good example to your kids to see how much you're enjoying school.

Ken and Kelly said...

WOW you sound GREAT in this last post. I am so happy for you, school/classes are so much fun. Good luck with it all.