Friday, July 17, 2009

Warning! Vent Alert!

This week has been really stressful. I know some of the reason, but not all. I know that when I am looking forward to something it makes the days leading up to said event (in this case going out for my birthday this weekend) a lot harder to handle. I, also, know that when the kids are looking forward to something, it makes them ask when that event is going to happen (in this case spending the night at Uncle Asher's and Aunt Rachel's tonight). There are other more obvious reasons that, as promised before, I will not discuss on my blog.

Why am I writing about this? Well, I have noticed that it seems to be coming to a head this morning. John left for work early this morning. Not as early as he did with he last job, but early for us to be getting up lately. I couldn't bring myself to go back to sleep, so I got up, took a shower, and expected to have some quiet time all to myself for just a little while. I was wrong.

As I came out of my room this morning, Sean came out of his room too. Noel was soon to follow. They both wanted cuddle time. (The mark of the mornings first fit.) I started with Sean, and then cuddled Noel because we determined a while back that going in the order they got up was the most fair way. While cuddling Noel, Eric woke up and wanted breakfast and to be cuddled too (I hope he doesn't decide he is too big for that anytime soon). To get Noel off my lap I told her and Sean to go look in the dishwasher for a cup and a plate for breakfast. There was only one small plate in the dishwasher, and I don't like them climbing on the counters to get stuff out of the cupboards (welcome fight number one). I got up and got plates out for the two remaining children when I was done with cuddling Eric. Then, they were loud and obnoxious through out breakfast. Normally, I interact with them through breakfast, but I just didn't feel like it today because of my already sour mood. After breakfast, Noel got dressed right away (I probably wouldn't have chose that as an outfit, but she is happy, I won't fight her on it). It took Sean about an hour to get dressed, and Eric took about 2 hours to get dress. In the mean time, they continued to be loud. ARGH!

The highlight of my morning so far? John called me just to see how I was doing.

7 comments:

Mistaken said...

Yay for husbands that call us to see how we're doing. Poor husbands who get an earful we tell them how we REALLY are. hehe

Anonymous said...

We are excited to have the kids come spend the night tonight. I'm glad they are so excited about it. I hope it is worth the excitement, lol.

Unknown said...

ha ha Indeed! I hope that you are able to really enjoy your birthday...despite the stressful build up!

taradon said...

Sorry the morning got off to a bad start! Hope it gets better. I especially hope you have a nice night out for your birthday!!

Jami said...

LOL I'm sitting here reading this thinking "she didn't even mention any vents..." LOL!!! Blonde moment... haven't had one in a while. :) How's his job going? I was going to call you but then life happened and I just keep forgetting.... you know how that goes, right? ;)

Tera said...

Aren't the days that start like that the hardest to get through with a smile! It seems to me that the road to hell is paved with good intentions. No matter how early I get up to try to have some peace and quiet before the kids get up, they just wake up early too. I swear they sense that I'm up and think they need to be up too. Sorry!

Lady Carolyn said...

I hope you had a great birthday!