Friday, July 10, 2009

We're Working it Out

John and I have decided that we will be working out our problems and saving our relationship. We both know and understand that there is a long road ahead of us, but we are up to the challenge. What does this mean for me? It means that I don't have to be facing single motherhood. Yay! It means that I don't have to face living without him. Yay! It means that I am learning to be more assertive. It means that A LOT of my time and energy are being taken with these efforts. I can honestly say that I never saw myself in this situation, and I hope to never be again. I feel that this is the right decision for me and my family. The last month (about) has been a roller coaster to say the least. I don't see that going away anytime soon. Life is hard. It is a lot of work. My life has been filled with lots of ups and downs. I have a tendency to dwell on the downs. I seem to look at other peoples problems and wish that they were mine instead. Of course there are problems that other people have that I wouldn't imagine wanted, and I am glad for my trials when I hear about theirs. Then I go back to feeling sorry for myself. I know that only a few of you really know what has been going on, but I want it to stay that way. I don't think it would be good for anyone involved in the mess that has been going on for it to get out. I love my husband. That is what matters. He and I are going to be fine. We are going to get though this and be happier for it. I not only have to believe that, I do believe it.

I know this kind of jumps all over the place. I just felt that I needed to get it out. I needed to let everyone that I am doing fine. I know I have been keeping to myself a lot lately. Just give me some more time. I will back to being social again. I just can't say when right now.

12 comments:

taradon said...

I'm so glad to hear that you and John are going to work things out. I can't even imagine how difficult this has been and will be. I'm happy that you feel this is the best decision for you all - I'm sure you're right! You will all be stronger and happier in the end. In the meantime, let me know if there's anything I can do to help!

Jami said...

I told you you have a good head on your shoulders. :) Good for you guys, you'll continue to be in my prayers. And I know you don't know her very well, but seeing as she's in the same boat you are, you could always talk to my mom. Just a thought. :) I'm quite sure you can make the decision about that just fine. :)

Anonymous said...

All I can say is you are showing so much strength. We're still here, and I hope you'll still use our support. Let me know if this changes any of the plans with watching the kiddos. They are still welcome to come stay with us on the 17th for the night and to go on "vacation" with us too. Just give me a call.

Ken and Kelly said...

Oh wow, you were both in my prayers. There is nothing in this world that cannot be worked out.

Keep your chin up in good and bad times, remember what it was that made you both want to spend the rest of your lives together.

I am soooo happy for you!!! just know you are both in my thoughts during this hard time.
HUGS!!!!

Mary said...

I am happy for you and John, marriage is not an easy road as all of us who are married now. I will continue to pray for your family for this road is long, but you and John can do this. I believe in the two of you.

Unknown said...

It's good to hear from you and I am so happy that you guys are going to work things out. That's wonderful. All we can hope for is to see our friend, who we love dearly, to be happy and taken care of. Only you know what's best for you =).

JennyJenJen said...

YaY Rosa. I am sure that the last month has been a lot of soul searching and learning about yourself. I am sure you will come out of all of this being a strong, self assured, even more wonderful person. Thanks for the update. I worry about you :)

Tera said...

You are amazing and strong to be able to move past your trials. No one can judge what anyone else should do in a situation until they have been their themselves. It is almost always best for mom and dad to stay together for the kids, and you are brave to work it out and keep your family together. Look forward to you posting again!

Lady Carolyn said...

Wow. You of course have our support too. But Wow. John's a lucky man.

Lots of love and prayers your way from us.

Mistaken said...

I wish you and John the best! I pray for the both of you and know that someday you will look back and be grateful for your trials as they will make you better, stronger and prepared for all the blessings you will be receiving because of them.

Krista said...

I can't imagine being where you have been in the past month. I am very proud of you that you are learning, not only about your marriage, but about yourself. That is a difficult journey that many people never take. I support your decision (like you need my support!) and think that you need to do what will make you happy and be best for your kids. I am always here if you need an ear. :) Or a shoulder (but only figuratively, since 2,000 miles is a long way to go to cry ona shoulder!). You're always in my heart. :)

Jami said...

I like what Krista said... amen to that! :)