Wednesday, July 29, 2009

I Got The Job!


After playing phone tag with the HR department at Dish Network, I finally talked to Brandy yesterday. I will start my training as a CSR2 (customer service representative, level 2) on Monday. I am so excited and nervous at the same time!

I get to start as a level 2 because I already had 2 years in a call center (it was over 8 years go, but it counts). All that I can tell that means is that I get paid more than the people who have no call center experience. That works for me.

My training sift is going to be 3:00pm to 11:30pm. That means that I can at very least drop my kids off at school, and I don't have to completely miss Sean's first day ever of school or Eric's first day of second grade. That makes me happy.

I am a bit nervous about the fact that while our relationship is so fragile, John and I will only see each other about 2 hours a day on the week days while I am training. It is only for 5 weeks, but it is going to be really hard.

As far as getting the children cared for, my wonderful sister-in-law,, Rachel, will be watching them for a few hours a day. There are still some things that have to be decided on when school starts, but I will have a few weeks to figure that out. I thought that the kids may not like having to go somewhere else to be watched so much, but they are really excited to be going to Aunt Rachel's on Monday.

When I am done with training I will be on graveyards for at least 8 weeks with Tuesday and Wednesday off. That will be hard as far as finding time to sleep, but I will get that figured out. I'm just happy that I will be still able to to be with my kids.

5 comments:

Jami said...

I'm so happy for you! So do you have to work weekends, then? That stinks. At least you won't have to miss church thanks to your shift hours. :) Things are looking up for you! That's awesome!

Itty_Bitty_Wittes said...

Congrats! SO lets reschedule so you can have every minute with John and the kids...want to celebrate the end of your training?

Mary said...

Congrats on the JOB!!! You can do this, you and John will figure something out to be able to find to conntect and work on things. Congrats again!

taradon said...

That's wonderful news! And it sounds like the schedule - while difficult - will still let you spend a lot of time with the kids. Especially nice that you won't have to miss that first day of school!! Yay!

Krista said...

Rosa I'm so happy for you! It looks like everything is starting to fall into place for you! A job, school, not missing the first day of school....Keep smiling sweetie! Let us know how the first day goes!