Thursday, January 4, 2024

Challenging Knit

 

I started to knit a sweater for Noel a little while ago. She found some yarn at Michaels that she loved. Then, we found a pattern that excited her. Since the button band is knit on at the same time as the body with double points, I found it challenging to keep the stitches from sliding off of them as I knit. The only solution I could think of was to buy the rubber things that can be put on the ends, but I didn’t buy them until after Christmas because I didn’t know if Chad would get me the pretty ones I had on my wish list. He didn’t buy any, so I bought them myself. 

I sat down with this sweater again after dinner last night. It uses fisherman’s rib which I have never done before, so I watched the next video that was provided by the pattern creater (these alone make the purchase price completely worth it). The problem I had was I was not completely sure where I left off and there was a funky stitch a few rows back. I ended up spending about an hour thinking back three rows before my family became too distracting to keep going. 

I will sit down with it again today after work to figure it out. Last time I counted, I was missing one stitch. I don’t know if I dropped one as I knit back or didn’t pick up enough stitches from the collar. I hope it will be obvious when I seclude myself again. 

Between the slippery yarn and changing patterns, this sweater may be the hardest thing I have ever knit. 

No comments: