Saturday, January 27, 2024

My Reading Life

 I have realized that my life has become engulfed in reading. I don’t mind. I read different things for different reasons, and the more I do it, the more I enjoy it. 

I read for spiritual reasons. I have been trying to read from the Book of Mormon for 15 minutes a day for the past few weeks. I’m not perfect at it. There are days when I still forget like when I dive deep into my work first thing in the morning. I like how I feel when I start my day this way though. It gives me a sense of clarity that I don’t get from anywhere else. 

I read for school. I am in my last class, and I have about two chapters a week to read. I fell behind a bit and have been reading a lot this week to try to catch up. It is really good information that I will use to make my final project and hopefully as I navigate my way into this field of work. 

I read to better my financial future. Chad’s brother gave the kids books to try to help them be more successful than their parents. They are all books he has recently read and told Chad they could help as well. I am about halfway through the first one with Noel waiting for me to finish. It has already changed how we invest. I’m hoping to finish it soon, pass it on to my daughter, and start the next book. With only 20 to 25 years before we retire, we know we need to step up our financial game. 

I read for pleasure. When I go to bed at night, I read fiction on my Kindle to calm my brain. I’m currently reading book 5 in the Vampire Knitting Club series. It’s a mindless murder mystery series that has just enough intrigue to keep me reading but not so much that it keeps me up. I read in the Kindle at night because the light isn’t too bright for Chad to fall asleep. I can also open it and read in the middle of the night when the dogs wake me up. 

The best thing that ever happened to my mind was the strikes in Hollywood. There is so little new on tv which gives me the time to sharpen my mind. 

No comments: