Wednesday, January 24, 2024

Sleep Deprived

We have three dogs. Dexter is a lab mix we got a few months after we got married. He’s getting a bit old, but is a good dog most of the time. Sophie is a pug/ Chihuahua mix and about he same age as Dexter. We got her in 2019 and have loved her ever since. Aqua is a hound/ boxer mix. We adopted her from the same shelter as Sophie about a year prior. She was about a year and a half old when we got her and has been a bundle of energy most of the time. We love our dogs! 

Lately, Aqua and Sophie have been waking me up very early in the morning. When I say early, I mean before my 5:00am alarm goes off. This morning, Sophie woke me up at 2:45 to let her out of my room to get a drink. Then, Aqua started doing the bark that she does when she wants attention a little after 4:00. I decided to try to let her be until I was ready to get up to see if she would calm down. She didn’t really. She should stop just long enough for me to get back to sleep before she stated back up. Eventually, Chad got up with her about 5 minutes before my alarm would have gotten me up anyway. Them waking up one or both of us has been happening for quite some time. I wish I knew how to get them to stop. 

No comments: