Monday, January 22, 2024

President Nelson’s Messages

 

President Russell M. Nelson is the president and prophet of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. He leads the Church in the Lord’s way, with love and kindness. He became the prophet in 2018 after the passing of Thomas S. Monson. 

A while ago, I heard someone talking about how they were listening to all of President Nelson’s messages in the Gospel Library app. At the time I thought they were crazy. Who has the time to search through all of the talks, devotionals, and articles he has done since becoming the Prophet? Well, you don’t have to do all of that searching. Someone has already done it, and it has been put in the app as a study plan that can be followed. When I was done listening/relistening to the conference talks from the last General Conference, I was searching for my next plan, and this one came up. I thought it sounded interesting and queued it up. Since then, I have listened to one message a day(most days). It has been an interesting experience. I have learned from almost all of his messages, even the short ones that are mainly temple announcements. I have noticed a change in how I study scriptures and view my relationships. I have felt closer to my Heavenly Father. I have given myself more goals. I have a more positive outlook on life. 

I would highly suggest that others search out President Nelson’s messages. I know there are more from his time as a general authority. I think I will have to search them out, but this is a good start. 

No comments: