Thursday, January 25, 2024

It Made Me Think

A few days ago, my daughter said something as I drove her home from school that has made me think ever since. She has such an amazing mind and throws comments out into the world not realizing how profound they are. I am often at awe over how her mind works. 

What comment did my sweet 18 year old make? As she was talking about trying to get a job, she said, “I am just trying to get my life together.” I know. It doesn’t sound as profound as one may expect, but that one sentence has been playing over in my mind ever since. 

I have been trying to put my life together for as long as I can remember. I have been working harder at it for the past 15 years than I would ever have thought necessary, and I still haven’t gotten it figured out. I am still living in the same house feeling like I am barely surviving. I have a job that I like, but it doesn’t fulfill me or pay what I feel I’m worth. I have an associate degree in business and almost a bachelor’s degree in marriage and family studies. Hopefully, I can make both degrees work together in some way. At times I think that I have wasted too much time and am too old to be still figuring things out. I hope I’m wrong. 

No comments: