Sunday, January 7, 2024

One Thing Per Day

I decided on the first that I wanted to make a gaol to help declutter the house a bit. I really don’t like the whole big purge thing. I tried it after reading Marie Kondo’s book 4 or 5 years ago. It was freeing but also hard because I get attached to stuff. (I would probably get help for that at some point.) There is something I can do that isn’t as intimidating: get rid of one thing at a time. That leads me to my goal. 

This year, I will get rid of at least one thing per day. It isn’t a lot if you just look at it from the daily or weekly numbers. However, if you look at the whole year, I will be either throwing away or donating 366 items including leap day. That sounds a bit more significant and will be done in a way that doesn’t scare me. 

No comments: