Monday, January 8, 2024

Started Noom

As I was reading a book about marathon training, it was suggested that the way we eat could determine how we feel after the run. Out of all 250ish pages I read, this was one of the main things that stuck with me. Then, I got an email from Noom that had a deal I felt like I couldn’t pass up. (I have been getting these emails since I considered joining about a year ago.) After discussing it with Chad, it was decided that this may be the thing that can help me make the changes I need to lose weight and feel good when I workout. 

I am almost to the 2 week mark, and I can tell that it is helping. I like that there are daily lessons that I can lessen to that not only give real tips. They also keep the plan on my mind. I like that I am allowed to eat any foods with an emphasis on eating “green” foods. I like that there is a calorie range rather than a specific calorie goal to hit each day. I like that they explain how and why more calories can be earned. 

So far, I have lost about 4 pounds. I know that isn’t much for some people. (My husband can lose Morse than that in a week with minimal changes.) It is a lot for me though. I have two medical conditions that make weight loss difficult but not impossible. I’m sure the numbers will go up as I make more changes and exercise more. I can’t wait to see what I can do with this. 

No comments: