Monday, May 13, 2024

Defining Me

With my baby graduating this month, I am finding myself a bit lost. I need to figure out who I am with all of my kids out of traditional school. I know I still need to mother my children. That will never change, but how I mother them is already changing. As this happens, I am on the hunt to find me again. 

What do I know about myself that I don't want to change?

  • I love my family. I will always be willing to help my husband and kids when needed. 
  • I am deeply religious. I love my Savior, Jesus Christ. I struggled with my faith for a while, but I have gone through too much to waiver in my belief at this point.. 
  • I want my bachelor's degree. I am one class and an internship away. I am working with a partner this semester to make sure that I pass my class this time. I will be a college graduate!
  • I love to knit. Knitting is my happy place. I have so many good memories around knitting and love how much it has taught me. 
  • I am going to keep working towards a homesteading-ish lifestyle. I love making bread, and I am excited to grow a garden and learn to can this year. The idea of having our own bees is growing on me, as well. 
How am I working on myself?

  • I am reading a lot. Right now, I am reading The End of Mental Illness by  Daniel G. Amen, MD, and following some of his suggestions by taking certain supplements and adding more exercise to my routine. When I am done with this book, I have another running book to read. 
  • I will be running a marathon this year. Chad and I made the goal of doing one the year he turned 50 in 2018. This year came faster than we imagined it would, but we are going to keep this commitment we made with ourselves. That means that I will be running more consistently again. 
Honestly, I don't know what else I am going to do as I find myself. I have been remembering the girl with ambition and drive to succeed, and I miss her. I don't know when she left or where she went, but I want her back. 

No comments: