Friday, July 19, 2024

Camping 2024

Since Chad can't come with us to Illinois and Michigan, he and I went camping earlier this week on his regular days off. We went to Vega State Park here in Colorado. It was beautiful! 
We arrived Sunday night, set up, and tried to sleep amongst the loud neighbors and wind trying to tear down the tent for which we had no stakes. 
The next morning, I scavenged empty campsites for stakes and wood. I was able to find 4 stakes which were just enough for our needs and a lot of fire wood. 

After a delicious breakfast, we decided to take his paddle board and my kayak on the lake. The conditions were perfect. We were out for about an hour before we decided to get out, delayed out watercraft, and explore a bit. 

That night, a big rain storm came in, and we bugged out as quick as we could. Since it was rather late and driving straight home was not a safe (I won't drive that tired), we found a hotel in Rifle, CO to stay the night and headed the rest of the way home in the morning. 

Overall, I would say this was a great trip. We had fun on the lake, had great conversation, learned more about each other, and had an experience we won't forget. I love these adventures with this amazing man!

No comments: