Tuesday, July 30, 2024

Illinois/Michigan Vacation:Day 1

This year, we planned a big trip (for us). The plan was to have a "cousin reunion" in South Haven, Michigan, where we grew up going for family gatherings with my dad's family. (We haven't seen each other, for the most part, since my grandparents passed away.) As time went on, plans had to change here and there. Eric was not able to get the time off, so he couldn't join. Chad had to have surgery and no longer had paid time off, so he had to stay home. Most importantly, my cousin, Kara, the cousin I was always most connected to as a kid, developed significant health problems and is unable to travel. So we pivoted. Eric stayed at his home, Chad stayed at ours, and the rest of us planned a two stop trip: one stop in Illinois, and one in Michigan. 

Our first leg of the trip started yesterday. Sean, Noel, and I set off to Illinois early in the morning and arrived at about 10pm local time. 



It was a long ride, and we took pictures of each state crossing as we drove (it was the job of the person in the passenger seat).




Today, we will go to my aunt and uncle's house to swim and spend time with them and cousins. Tomorrow, I'm hoping to be able to have lunch before heading up to our second stop, Michigan. 

No comments: