Friday, January 13, 2023

The Day After Shots

Yesterday, I went to see the doctor for another thyroid check. While I was there, I decided to get my flu shot and COVID booster (one in each arm). I don't have adverse reactions other than a sore arm with most shots. I forgot that COVID shots seem to be the exception. 

The first COVID shot I got was the J&J shot that they stopped using for the most part a few weeks later. I had the worst reaction I have ever had to that one. I was in bed sick the rest of the day as well as the following day. 

Since there was no booster for the shot I had originally, I was given the Moderna booster about this time last year. It made me light headed and nauseous for a few days. It was so much better than the reaction to the first one that I didn't even think about it this time. 

This time around, I was given the Moderna booster in one arm and the flu shot in the other arm (I have never had issues with the flu shot). Last night, I had no issues other than not having much of an appetite. This morning was a different story. I woke up very nauseous and light headed. I even considered calling in sick (something I haven't done since I started working from home). After I had a bit of ramen, I started to feel better, but it came back. By the time we had dinner, I felt just as bad as I did this morning. I am hoping it passes quickly like the first time. 

1 comment:

Mistaken said...

That must really suck. I'm sorry. Rough day for sure