Monday, January 16, 2023

Trying Again

After spending another $350 on groceries for the week, all I could think was how there has to be another way. I don’t want to have to get a second job just to be able to buy groceries for the family. Once I sat down in a quiet room alone to do homework, I got an idea. We can go back to getting freeze dried food. 

We tried it in the past but couldn’t really afford it because we weren’t really integrating it into our diet and couldn’t afford it with everything else (there is no way that we could have afforded this kind of grocery bill back then). The food that we did eat was good, but the kids wouldn’t touch it. 

Times have changed. We make more now, and we eat better. Also, I understand better how to order from the company we used to make sure we get food we will actually use. 

I am excited to have started my monthly shipments again. I hope we will be able to maintain it and learn better how to integrate into our diet. 

1 comment:

Mistaken said...

I love that. I was pleasantly surprised when we moved to Utah that all the grocery stores sell the big #10 cans of freeze dried foods. I may have to look into that again as well.