Thursday, January 5, 2023

What is going on?

This year has started off a bit crazy. There was flooding in California, police attacked in Times Square, a celebrity ran over by his own snowplow, a football player who collapsed on the field after a tackle, and a family taken out by a father who killed himself as well. I really hope that this is not an indicator of the year to come. I fear for the future of this country and the world. 

My mind has been all over the place with the events of the week so far, especially the murder/suicide in southern Utah. A former friend of mine that I still have contact with was friends with the mother of the family killed. This lady is devastated from hearing that someone she was close to was killed in this manner (as I am sure everyone else involved is). How does one come to terms with this? I have lost family members and friends in car accidents, but at least I knew no one chose to end their lives. These were true accidents that left a hole in my hearts as well as others. I could not imagine having to come to terms with the idea that not only had I lost a loved one, but someone chose to take them from me. I imagine that I would be mad and confused. How does this just happen? 

I do not know this family. All I know about them is what the lady I know has said and the little bit in the news. Yet, somehow, this had deeply affected me. I just don't understand how a father could kill his children. I guess I will never know because I have not known that kind of evil in my life. 

No comments: