Wednesday, June 10, 2009

My Pedometer


I got a pedometer at Target Saturday. I have been wanting one for a while, and I found one that was only about $5.00. I went ahead and got it.


I got it out on Sunday, and by the time I took it off for the night I had almost 4000 steps counted on it. Not great, but considering I spent a lot of time sitting in church, not bad either.


Monday, I put it on and by dinner I had about the same amount of steps counted as I did for the whole day Sunday. I was feeling pretty darn good about that. Then, later when we sat down to watch a movie I decided to take it off for a bit and look at it. The darn thing said 1 step. YUCK! I was so upset. I didn't put it back on that night.


Yesterday, when I went to weed whack my back yard, is said about 300 steps. I thought the number looked low, but then remembered that I had been sitting in front of the computer for most of the morning. The low number then made sense. When I was just about done with the part of the yard I was going to do, I looked down at my new gadget to see how many steps I had done. It said 75. WHAT!


All I can figure is that I keep pushing the reset button while I am doing stuff. How frustrating though. That reset button must be really sensitive or I lean on my right hip a lot. Either way it is making it really hard to get an accurate count so that I can challenge myself farther.

4 comments:

Jami said...

I had one, once, and the same thing kept happening. That's why I don't like them. You jog it funny and it adds steps, even when you're just standing there. You lean on it funny and it resets your progress. I say just keep moving and you can't go wrong, no matter how many steps you take. :)

Tera said...

I have had the same thing happen before and understand how frustratig that is. You want the steps to encourage you, and it's almost like I don't care for the rest of the day if it resets. Sorry!

taradon said...

I had the same problem with my pedometer... I got so frustrated that I tossed it. Now mine was free, so it was probably pretty low-quality. Maybe if I spent money on a better one it would work better. But maybe not... at any rate, I'm still so annoyed with that free one that I've never gotten another one!

Mistaken said...

I never could figure out how a pedometer registers a step. If someone has more of a bounce in their step it might work better, but if you are really graceful and smooth then it probably won't work as well. I guess that's what it is. You are just too graceful!