Tuesday, June 30, 2009

School


There have been and are going to be a lot of changes in my life. Some of them are good. Some I may see as good later.


I have been wanting to go to school for a log time. When I finished high school, I was ready to go to college, but that was not the path that was right for me at that time. About 2 years ago I felt very strongly that I was to go to school. When voicing this need to my husband, he told me that he didn't want me to do that. Like a "good" wife, I listened to him and didn't go.


Now I am facing the big "D" and needing to find a way to provide for myself and my kids. I am still looking for a job, but I have also decided to apply to National American University to start school as soon as possible. I have prayed about this decision and feel that is the best choice for me and my family. My plan is to get my certificate in medical billing and coding. When I finish that program, I will decide if I need/want to continue my education through them.


I have a strong desire to work in the medial field. I would prefer to get into a radiology program, but I know that I need to be home with my kids as much as possible, and I can't complete a radiology program online. Some day I will get into a radiology program and then an ultrasound program. For now, I will do what I feel is best.

8 comments:

Jami said...

Yay!!! Someday I hope to follow in your footsteps! (Not with the big "D", but with the whole school thing...lol)

Mistaken said...

Yay!! That is fantastic. This is really something for you to look forward to. Hold onto that. I'm very excited for you.

taradon said...

That's great news! I'm sure you will do great and this will be good for you. And good for your kids. I watched my mom work hard for years to get her college degree and it gave me great respect for her and helped me see how important an education was.

Let me know if there's anything I can do to help along the way!

Tera said...

It is such a huge decision to go back to school. You are going to do great!

Ann Marie said...

Hey Rosa!

I'm so glad that you are going back to school. That's a huge decision, especially with kids, and in the long run so worth it! That's exciting! Good luck with it all. You're amazing and so awesome! I would love to chat. Could you send me your phone number to gregannmarie2005@msn.com. Thanks so much! I'm thinking of you!

Unknown said...

You are going to do such a wonderful job. I am so proud of you. You know we are all here for you!

CSwain said...

Good for you! Going back to school has turned into one of the best decisions I ever made. It will be tough but I know you can do it!

Ken and Kelly said...

have you thought about the Dental field, there are 6-8 week programs for dental assistants and they make pretty good pay.