Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Can He Really Be 8?


I was told when I was getting close to my tenth wedding anniversary that it made me sound old to hear that I had been married tthat long (for those of you who don't know I was only 20 when I got married).  I got to thinking today, does it make me sound old to say I have an 8 year-old then?  I do have an 8 year-old now.

Eric turned 8 on Sunday.  He got a dual-bladed light saber, jammies, Antz, scriptures with his name on them, a scripture case with a compass, and scout stuff.  Eight is an exciting age.  He gets to be baptized and start scouts all in the same month.

He gets to start scouts tonight!


Eric will be baptized January 30.  I'll get some pictures posted of that when it happens (knowing me at least with in the month of it happening).

4 comments:

Mary said...

Why do our kids grow up so very fast? Eric is a cutie! Happy Birthday Eric.

Jami said...

Yay! Looks and sounds like you all had a great day. That's awesome! And no, that does not make us old. (I just tell people I had them when I was 15. LOL!!)

Tera said...

Happy Birthday Eric! He looks so cute in his scout uniform!

taradon said...

Wow - I can't believe he's 8! Congratulations to him on baptism and scouts!