Friday, January 15, 2010

Starting Out Slow

Last year, I really pushed myself hard to lose weight.  I changed a lot all at once.  It was hard to keep up with.  This year I am starting off a bit slower.  I am starting to work out again (see last post), and I started adding more water to my intake last week.  I am also starting to eat less junk.  Now that is not to say that I don't still eat junk.  I do.  I just eat less of it.  There is no way I can completely take it out of my diet. I would miss it too much.  I am just being a bit smarter about it.  When I get these things to a point where they are regular, I will do something else to help me lose weight.  I really would like to be able to fit back in my swim suit by the summer.  That is my main weight goal.

5 comments:

Mistaken said...

Slower is better. Focus on one or two things. So far that is working well for me too.

Jami said...

I agree with Melissa. And you. ;) I thought you said you had gained 20 lbs.? You must've been lower than I thought, then. 179's a good starting point, I'd say! :)

Druciana said...

I was 185 when I said I had gained 20 lbs. At one time over the summer I was 165 lbs.

Jami said...

Ah, that makes sense. ;)

taradon said...

Sounds like a smart plan.