Thursday, January 14, 2010

My Trip to the Gym


My sweet mother-in-law gave John and I a one month gym membership for Christmas because I thought that it may help me with my depression.  I went for the first time today.  It was GREAT!  I don't know why I waited so long to go. 

I didn't do a whole lot because I felt a bit out of place on the wights (I haven't been to a gym since I was 20, and the machines have changed a bit).  I did go on the treadmill for about 20 minutes, the weights for about 10 minutes, and then the eliptical for about 20 minutes.  I felt awesome when I was done.  I would have stayed longer, but I had to go pick up my boys from school.

I plan to go back tomorrow afternoon and try to talk John into going on Saturday.  Then membership includes childcare, so we can go as a family (kind of)!

I am so glad that I get to finally do something about my weight again.  Hopefully, with working again, I will be motivated to eat better as well.

5 comments:

Mistaken said...

That's awesome! It would be great if the two of you went together. Maybe you can keep up the membership after the month is over.

Annie said...

Lifetime Fitness is Awesome. They are a Minnesota company that I used to work For. I miss talking to you. I had to get a new phone so dont have your number give me a call.

Druciana said...

@Katie
I lost your comment. I don't know what happened. It is good to know that they have those services though. I really need someone to show me how to use the machines.

@Annie
I just washed my phone yesterday, and I don't know if it will work again. I hope it does because I have a lot of numbers in there that I have no where else.

Annie said...

put it in rice

taradon said...

Nice! Especially nice that the membership includes childcare!