Monday, August 15, 2022

Chad's Cooking

Chad is definitely his father's son. He's a sucker for a good recipe, and we get to eat what he cooks Sundays and Mondays. Most of the time, it is really good. 

Other than eating, what part to I play in this? I try to find him cookbooks that aren't the average Betty Crocker books. So far this year, I found a Disneyland cookbook and a Shaq cookbook. He doesn't bake or cook from the Disneyland book right now because it has been so hot, but he has been trying to make at least one recipe from Shaq's cookbook a week when we can find all of the ingredients (cube steaks have been surprisingly hard to find). 

What kind of recipes does Shaq include in this book? High fat, heavy, large meals. When I say "meals," I mean MEALS! Last night, we had chicken fried steak (made with hamburgers since we could not find cube steak) and mashed potatoes. After all four of us had eaten, there was still several "fried steaks" along with most of the gravy and mashed potatoes remaining. I was really good, and I am hoping it is tasty today as well. However, I am thinking we may need to start inviting people over for Sunday dinners if he keeps making these recipes.  

No comments: