Thursday, August 4, 2022

Creamed Eggs

The left overs I happily ate for lunch.

When I was married to my first husband, I got some recipes from his mother that are very good. Some of them have become Thanksgiving traditions such as Cheesy Broccoli. Some of them have not been made much because I have children who are very picky eaters. Once of these recipes is Creamed Eggs. 

I have a recipe card with the recipe for Creamed Eggs written on it just like I do for the recipes that get used the most as well as any recipes I was given by other people. Most of these cards sit in a box that my mom used to use for addresses, phone numbers, and birthday. This recipe sat in a beer stein I got for my high school graduation that I use for pens and markers. Last week, when looking for something for Noel to write with, she asked me what was on the card. I showed it to her, and she said it sounded good, so I agreed to make it on one of my nights to cook. Last night was that night. 

As we sat down at the table with this mixture of mostly eggs and cheese with a can of olives mixed in, I was given mixed reviews. Sean ate only toast. (He knows not to say something looks gross and to just eat something on the table.) Noel happily grabbed a piece of toast and put the egg mixture over the top of it like gravy and ate it saying how good it was and how she wished we would have had it before (really she just doesn't remember having it when she was little). Chad kind of snubbed his nose at it but still took two pieces of toast and ate it. In the end, he said that he liked it as well. 

I'm glad Noel found this recipe. It was well received and very easy to make. It will for sure make its way into our rotation!

No comments: