Monday, August 8, 2022

"We Have NO Food in the House!"

My daughter is always telling me there is no food in the house. That seems odd to me since we buy groceries every Monday and always ask her what she wants or needs from the store as we make the list. It is true that we have less food in the house by Sunday night than I would like, but we have lived on far less. For example, when she was a toddler, there was a time that we basically lived off of the corn flakes we got from the food bank for a few weeks because the rest of the food they gave us was not really edible and the only person who had a paying job in the house did not make enough for us to really get by. Another example would be when we would go "shopping at Grandma's" after my divorce every time she babysat because I did not have enough of even the staples in the house and my hours kept getting cut at work. She doesn't remember these times, though. Thank goodness! We always have food in the house. (One of the bright spots in my life at the time.) Sometimes the food is more plentiful than others for various reasons. I remember the days when the only grocery budget I had was the money I got from babysitting a few days a week because the money that had been used for groceries was eaten up by a motorcycle payment. Thank goodness those days are long gone!

I thought it would be interesting to take a picture of my cupboards and fridge the day after going grocery shopping last week and again today before we went to the store. I did forget to take pictures of the freezers, but I think this give a good representation of the food supply we keep in our home.

The fridge last week:

The fridge today:


The top two shelves of the panty (the other shelves have other kitchen items on them) last week:

The pantry today:

The cupboard last week:

The cupboard today:


No comments: