Sunday, April 23, 2023

Oh, Dexter!

We have three dogs: a lab mixed named Dexter, a boxer mix named Aqua, and a pug/chihuahua named Sophie. Dexter is currently out only boy dog, and he had been peeing on everything that is mine lately. (At least , that’s how it feels.) 

Yesterday, as I was getting ready to go to the temple, I realized that he peed on my temple bag. Luckily, it was a weatherproof bag, so the clothing in to was fine. I was able to switch to a backpack last minute. Then, I went to put my coat on, and it stank like dog pee. I know that it wouldn’t have happened if I put it away Friday morning instead of on the back of a kitchen chair, but it was still frustrating to have to wear a light jacket on a chilly morning. 

Tonight, he peed on my dog. They all went in the backyard for a while and came in happily. When I picked up Sophie, she was wet. When I smelled her, I knew right away what had happened: Dexter peed on her. I gave her a bath (she was not a fan), and she smelled better quickly. 

I don’t know what to do to get him to stop. I don’t even know why it started. Dexter is 11 years old. Can he even be taught to stop at this point?

No comments: