Sunday, April 30, 2023

Family History


It has always been a bit difficult for me to do family history because a lot has already been done on both sides of my family. My dad used to do research while my sister and I were at youth activities and continued to do so the same night every week for a few years after we graduated. All of my grandparents that I knew did many years of research as they went to various libraries. I have several memories of my mom dropping my grandma off at a big building in Indianapolis when I was little. I also have many family members on my mom's side that continually do family history work through the years. All of this means that so much has been done that I have felt there is little to nothing left for me to do. 

Today, I learned there are some things I can do. Family Search has  tasks, including hints, that I can do for family members already found. I currently have 70 tasks to do. These are things like comparing census records and social security records and attaching them to the record if they match.  I worked on some of them already, and it was satisfying to feel that I could actually do something. I love taking my ancestors to the temple and feel that this is something else I can do to prepare them to go. If I'm lucky, I will find new people. 

No comments: