Monday, April 17, 2023

What Does Forgiveness Mean?

Tonight, Chad and I discussed forgiveness as we studied the “Come, Follow Me” lesson. We read Matthew 18:21-36 then listened to Elder David E. Sorensen’s 2003 talk, “Forgiveness Will Change Bitterness to Love.” I really liked this talk. He talks about the importance of forgiveness and not holding grudges. There were a few things that I highlighted as we listened. My favorite was, “Forgiveness means the problems of the past no longer dictate our destinies, and we can focus on our future with God’s love in our hearts.”

I know that forgiveness does not mean I have to fully trust someone who has hurt me, but it does mean that I no longer hold that pain and anger in my heart. As I active to forgive for past, I will seek for the peace it can bring my future in my marriage and in my heart. The more I can let these things go, the greater my capacity is to love. 

No comments: