Saturday, April 1, 2023

Peace of General Conference

I am coming to the realization that a lot of what I am dealing with is because of the reopening of the wound of the death of my mom and brother. Trying to not deal with it is causing commotion in almost all areas of my life. I need to prioritize as I had said a few days ago, but I need to figure out how to do that in a way that I will feel peace. 

This morning, as I showered and got ready to watch General Conference, I prayed with deep emotion. In tears, I begged God to help me heal and feel peace. As I watched and listened to the speakers, I could feel the Lord tell me that I will be ok. There were a few talks that helped me. One talked about over coming discouragement. (The speaker made sure to differentiate between discouragement and mental health issues that need professional intervention.) I knew as I listened to him that he was talking to me. I know that I can feel the peace the gospel brings as I keep my covenants and trust in the Lord. 

I am so glad that my prayers were heard this morning. I am thankful for my Heavenly Father that wants to give me comfort and peace when I am willing to turn to Him. I am excited to find out what else I can learn and feel as I watch the rest of the sessions tomorrow. 

No comments: