Thursday, May 25, 2023

Downside of Work-from-Home


 I have come to like working from home most days. I can watch shows while I work, eat fresher foods, spend time with Sean or Noel when they want or need it, and set my schedule within reasonable parameters. There are times that I don’t get to choose when I take off in the middle of the day. 

A few days ago, I was in the middle of something when I suddenly lost my internet connection. The last time that happened, I  switched to WiFi instead of the hard line and just worked that way for the rest of the day. This time, that didn’t work. Apparently, a line in a nearby town was cut somehow putting a few towns in an outage. They estimated it would be repaired by 8pm. I had my boss clock me out and promised to make up the time. I ended up having to make up 3 hours at 6pm. It wasn’t ideal. Even though it rarely happens, I hate that I am at the mercy of such things. 

I won’t always work from home. My hope is to have a more hands on job after I get my degree. For now, I have to take these kind of days with the good of being available for my family. 

No comments: