Saturday, May 6, 2023

Girls' Night

In general, I don't really like to go to parties or girls' nights with more than 3 or 4 people. I have come to realize that I no longer get invited to a lot of things my friends go to because I either decline or cancel most of the time. That means that I start to feel left out because I see pictures of parties knowing that I wasn't invited to or decided I didn't want to go to. 

This week, I was invited to another girls' night via group text. I didn't have most of the numbers in my phone, so I was very nervous about going. When a couple of friends responded that they would go but have to leave a bit early, I decided I would take the chance. After all, I knew those two and the person who invited everyone over. Right?

Yesterday, I was questioning myself. I wasn't sure I really wanted to go, but I want to be more social and want to feel included. About an hour before Noel left with her dad, I had her help me get ready. She helped me decide what to wear and talked me into going for at least an hour. (I know. I'm the adult, and she is the child. It goes both ways sometimes.) As I drove up to the house, I called my sister to keep my mind off of this party. 

Once I got there, I got comfortable quickly. I at least partially knew everyone there (which helps). We had comfortable conversation and good treats. I came home happy that I went. I hope that I am invited to such things again. I need to get out of my comfort zone more often. 

No comments: