Monday, May 8, 2023

Volunteering for the Race

Chad is going to do a duathlon in September in Loveland, and has been begging me to do it with him. The thing is, I have no desire to do it. It just doesn’t sound like fun to me. I’m am barely getting back into running and have no desire to race on my bike. I told him that I would cheer him on, but even though he didn’t say it, he was not happy with that solution. 

After officially signing up for the race today, he told me about their need for volunteers. He acted like it was a crazy idea pointing out that one of the benefits they listed was unlimited high fives (gross). I just turned around to face him and told him I wouldn’t mind volunteering. He was shocked and looked happy. Then, he sent me the link to sign up. 

I signed up to help at the aid station (passing out water and stuff). I don’t know everything that will be involved, but I am excited. I have considered doing this for a race in the past but didn’t know how to sign up. Now that I have, I can’t wait to learn this side of the race. 

No comments: