Thursday, September 21, 2023

Broken Hook

 My crochet hook broke yesterday. The one I bought at Walmart when I bought the yarn and hooks for my sweater: the sweater I am excited about. I took this hook camping last week. I freaked out when I lost it more than one. Honestly, I love this sparkly, yellow hook. 

I was a bit sad when it broke, but I thought I could fix it somehow. I searched the house for tape, but it has all disappeared. I searched for a hook that I remembered having even though I don’t like it much, but it has disappeared, too. Then, I remembered I have bullet journal supplies. I taped it with washi tape. It wasn’t strong enough to keep using. Then, I remembered I had a hook the same size with the stuff I used to make animals (my “coworkers”) during the pandemic. Thankfully, it works wonderfully and my gauge hasn’t changed, and I can keep working on the (hopefully) perfect, purple sweater. 

The back should be done today, and I will be able to start one side of the front before I pick up Noel from school. 

No comments: