Thursday, September 7, 2023

Sweater Restart

I have been faithfully working in my purple sweater for about two and a half weeks. The back was getting huge, and I was using more yarn than I thought I would need. I even ordered more yarn just in case. 

Today, I held up the back panel to see he progress. It was huge! I held it over my back to see if it was my imagination, and it was bigger than I thought. It reached below my knees, and I still had 20 more rows to crochet. I read the instructions for the main stitch again, and realized that I was doing it wrong which made it much bigger. 

The only solution I had was to take it out and start over. That meant unraveling two and a half skeins of yarn. It was a sad process, but I know it would not have worked in any way to keep going. 

I have restarted it, and I am still excited about the sweater. I can’t wait to get it finished. I know it will take longer since I start classes next week, but it will be with it to have the final product. If I have too much yarn, I will make the matching bag. 

No comments: