Friday, September 22, 2023

The Call I Needed

Yesterday, I got to see my Eric. His phone had broken, and we needed to get him a new one. We ended up getting him one of the cheapest phones at the TMobile store because I still have 4 payments left on the one he had, and I still need to buy birthday presents for Sean. He was ok with it and fully understood the reasons. I love when he calls me or wants to see me. I don’t care what the reason is for this to happen. I also like knowing that he still needs me in some little way. (I know he is an adult, but I will always be his mom.) When we were done, I didn’t want to let him go. I knew I would miss him even though I will see him again on Monday. 

This morning I was missing everyone it seemed as I sat at home working with Chad at work at Noel at school. I miss Eric, my dad, my stepmom, and my sister (mostly my sister). Then, I remembered Marleah doesn’t leave for work until about 10am, so I called her. We talked for a little while, and it was wonderful! I needed to just sit and listen to her tell me about my niece and nephew for a while. I needed her to tell me how life in another state was going. I just needed to feel that connection with my sister. It’s hard for her to be so far away as our children are growing up. I never imagined her being gone so long. 

No comments: