Saturday, September 9, 2023

Funeral Update

I decided not to attend Matthew Gosset's funeral, but I did bring food for the luncheon for their close friends and family. I did this because I really struggle going to funerals. I know no one likes to go to them. They are not happy events. For me, funerals are reminders of the worst moments of my life. I know that makes me sound selfish, but I feel like I did still serve the family. I even still talked to Matt's dad because he was there when I dropped of the food. I talked to him about his son when my ex taught him. He told he about his death and sad, tragic life leading up to it. He told me about the ways in which he and his family had tried to help him. I made me feel so bad for this poor father and all the family had gone through. I could not imagine what I would have done if my kids were to go down that path. I could see the pain in his eyes as he talked to me. As I was leaving, some of the parents of kids who are now in their 30s from church started showing up and sharing memories of their kids growing up together. I hope these sweet parents felt the support they needed. 

No comments: